Ingredients: For the crust:
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
For the topping:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar, and melted butter for the crust. Mix until the crumbs are evenly coated.
- Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie dish, forming an even crust. Use the back of a spoon or a flat-bottomed measuring cup to press the crumbs firmly.
- Bake the crust in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
- In a saucepan, combine the blueberries, granulated sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest, and lemon juice for the filling. Stir well to coat the blueberries evenly.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook the blueberry mixture, stirring constantly, until it thickens and comes to a boil. Continue cooking for another 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Pour the blueberry filling into the cooled crust, spreading it out evenly.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, rolled oats, and cinnamon for the topping. Add the chilled and cubed butter.
- Use your fingers or a pastry cutter to cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the blueberry filling, covering it completely.
- Place the pie in the preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack. Once cooled, refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the filling to set.
- Serve the blueberry lemon crunch pie chilled, and optionally garnish with fresh blueberries or a dollop of whipped cream.
Enjoy this delightful and patriotic dessert with the perfect combination of blueberry and lemon flavors, along with a satisfying crunch from the oat topping!