5. Transplanting: Once the seedlings have grown 2-4 true leaves, and the threat of frost has passed, transplant them to the garden. Space the plants about 18-24 inches apart in rows with 24-36 inches of space between rows.
6. Planting Depth: When transplanting, ensure that the seedlings are planted at the same depth as they were in the seed trays.
7. Watering: Keep the soil consistently moist but not waterlogged. Water the plants deeply at the base to encourage strong root growth.
8. Mulching: Apply a layer of organic mulch around the base of the plants to retain soil moisture and suppress weed growth.
9. Fertilizing: Use a balanced fertilizer or compost to provide essential nutrients to the plants. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for application rates.
SEE NEXT PAGE