- 1 box of brownie mix (plus required ingredients according to the package instructions)
- Red and blue food coloring (gel or liquid)
- Whipped cream or vanilla frosting (optional)
- Patriotic sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat your oven according to the brownie mix instructions.
- Prepare the brownie mix as directed on the package, mixing the batter thoroughly.
- Divide the brownie batter into three equal portions.
- Leave one portion as is, and add red food coloring to another portion and blue food coloring to the remaining portion. Mix each portion until the color is evenly distributed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease it lightly.
- Using a star-shaped cookie cutter, cut out star shapes from each colored portion of the brownie batter. Place the stars onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between each one.
- Bake the brownie stars in the preheated oven according to the package instructions, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Once baked, remove the brownie stars from the oven and let them cool completely on a wire rack.
- If desired, decorate the cooled brownie stars with whipped cream or vanilla frosting. You can pipe a small amount of frosting onto each star or create patterns as desired.
- Sprinkle patriotic sprinkles over the frosted brownie stars for an extra festive touch.
- Allow the frosting to set before serving.
- Serve these Patriotic Brownie Stars as a sweet and delicious treat for your Independence Day celebration or any patriotic event.
- Enjoy these delightful brownie stars with family and friends, and celebrate in style!
Note: You can also use a different shape of cookie cutter if desired, such as circles or flags, to create a variety of patriotic brownie treats.