- 1/2 small cabbage (about 4 cups), finely shredded
- 1/4 cup carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the finely shredded cabbage and grated carrot. Toss them together to evenly distribute.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, buttermilk, white vinegar, granulated sugar, salt, and black pepper until well combined. The dressing should be smooth and creamy.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage and carrot mixture. Using a spatula or tongs, toss the ingredients together until the cabbage and carrot are coated with the dressing.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, allowing the flavors to meld and the coleslaw to chill.
- Before serving, give the coleslaw a final toss to make sure the dressing is evenly distributed. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed, adding more salt, sugar, or vinegar according to your preference.
- Serve the Copycat KFC Coleslaw chilled as a refreshing side dish to accompany your favorite fried chicken, sandwiches, or barbecue dishes.
This Copycat KFC Coleslaw recipe recreates the famous coleslaw from Kentucky Fried Chicken. With its crisp cabbage, tangy dressing, and hint of sweetness, this coleslaw is a classic and versatile side dish that complements a wide range of meals. Whether you’re enjoying it at a picnic, potluck, or simply as a side at home, this homemade version is sure to satisfy your craving for that iconic KFC flavor.