- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into small cubes
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup strawberry jam (or your favorite flavor of jam)
- Vanilla ice cream (optional, for serving)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the cold cubed butter to the flour mixture. Use a pastry cutter or your fingertips to cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pour in the milk and stir until the dough comes together and forms a soft batter.
- In a separate microwave-safe bowl, heat the peanut butter for about 30 seconds or until it becomes soft and easy to stir.
- Spread the softened peanut butter evenly on the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Spoon the strawberry jam over the peanut butter, distributing it evenly.
- Drop spoonfuls of the batter over the jam layer, covering it as much as possible. The batter will spread and expand as it bakes.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 40-45 minutes or until the cobbler topping is golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the PB&J cobbler warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if desired.
Enjoy this delicious twist on a classic PB&J sandwich with the comforting flavors of peanut butter, sweet jam, and a warm cobbler topping. It’s a delightful dessert that brings back childhood memories in a new and tasty way.